"But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear."
2 Timothy 4:17

Monday, July 1, 2013

I gave in, and admitted that God was God

Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. "You of little faith," he said, "why did you doubt?" Matthew 14:31

Jesus replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain. 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." 
Matthew 17:20

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

     You think I would have learned by now that when God says He is going to provide, He is going to provide. But, to this day I still struggle with putting my complete faith and trust in Him. When I went to our SendMeNow Missions Interview weekend I knew He was telling me that He was going to send me to DaySpring Villa. I knew that He had great plans to use me here in Oklahoma and I prayed that if it was truly His will, He would work everything out financially and with my apartment situation. Well, He did end up sending me here, as I knew He would, and three days before I was scheduled to fly out I still had nobody to sublease my room for the summer... panic began to set in. Until that point I had been firm in telling people, God is going to provide. But when it got down to the wire and there was still no one, I broke down and vented my frustration to God and started searching for a back up plan. 
     About a week after arriving at DaySpring, my roommate called and said she had a coworker who needed a place to stay for the month of June (this happened about two days before our rent was due). I immediately thanked God and asked Him to forgive me for ever doubting His ability to provide. I spoke again with my roommate this week and her coworker will also be staying through July. God will always provide, even if it isn't on my specific timeline.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable then they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" 
Matthew 6:26-27

     Since that point, He has continuously been providing for me and all of the guests at DaySpring. It is amazing to be able to look back and see exactly how He was/is working. I can't explain the ways that I have already grown in Him since arriving in Oklahoma, but I can say that I am very grateful and trying not to take any moment for granted. I know that I will be sharing this summer experience for the rest of my life!


Another God moment: 
Cooking chicken stir-fry, from scratch, for 40 women this Sunday! Only two of us were on shift and this was our first time making this recipe. It turned out delicious and the all of the guests were complimenting it!

"I gave in, and admitted that God was God"
C. S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment