"But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear."
2 Timothy 4:17

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Struggles

"My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you; keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye; bind them on your fingers ;write them on the tablet if your heart." Proverbs 7:1-3

     I am so glad I am reading out of Proverbs this summer because it is already bringing me much encouragement. Yesterday I read out of Proverbs 7 and it reminded me of how important scripture is, as well as God's expectations for me to bind His words to my heart. It has also been convicting me of my thought process since I have arrived at DaySpring. I am very thankful to be here, but I am struggling with thoughts of what I am missing back home. I really do want to live in the moment here and soak up everything I can during my two months. I do not want to look back and regret not enjoying my time here. This summer is such a great way for me to serve, learn, grow, and lean completely on Christ. My relationship with Him has already grown immensely without the distractions of home life and I earnestly want to continue on that path. I ask that you please be in prayer for this struggle of mine. I do not want to be distracted by what I think I am missing at home and then miss out on what God is doing right in front of me!


Until next time,

Lindsay



No comments:

Post a Comment