"But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear."
2 Timothy 4:17

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rediscovering Faith

"Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 106:1

"Let them thank the Lord for his steadfast love, for his wondrous works tot he children of man! For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things."

Psalm 107:8-9



I would like to share my journal entry with you from yesterday:
     God has been at work in my heart here at Dayspring! I've been here about three weeks and I am beginning to see why He sent me to Oklahoma this summer. My relationship with Him (to put it in layman's terms) has been crap the past two years, 100% laziness on my part. I didn't want to give Him my time and I didn't want to make the effort to maintain our relationship. But, since I've been here He has already changed my attitude drastically through the staff and situations -
     1. Being here with complete strangers, in a completely new place, with new tasks, and no way to leave the center, forces me to communicate more with Him. I don't know anyone here better than Him, so it only makes senese to spend more time together.
     2. I can see Jesus through the staff. The ladies on staff are constantly talking about praying for the guests and for seemingly small issues like my allergies and other little incidences. All of them strongly believe that God will provide the most random things that our guests need, through constant prayer. And you know what? It always works! The unyielding faith and compassion the staff has for these women and summer missionaries is so encouraging. They cry when the ladies leave and they constantly remind them how much Jesus loves them and how much they love them. It is truly amazing how present God is in the center.

     The faith and trust in Jesus exhibited here at DaySpring is just what I needed to remind me how He always provides. Satan tempts me to doubt at times, but God always reminds me of His sovereignty in this world. The passion and excitement He is filling me with reminds me of when I first became a believer. I am learning and growing so much and I pray that I take this new change back to Georgia. I give all the credit to my Father, because only He can do miracles like this!


Until next time,

Lindsay

P.s. I plan to use my next post to talk more about DaySpring and how what exactly we are doing this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment